Trip Summary: Phoenix is home to the world’s largest urban park and is punctuated by mountain preserves everywhere you venture. Because of this unique accessibility to the outdoors, it makes for the perfect area to “test the waters” of our wilderness experience. We have a myriad of options suitable for all skill levels and this is why everyone starts here before moving on to our more rigorous R&R career expeditions.
Day 1 – Phoenix, AZ
- Fly into Phoenix International Airport, ALL flights arrive by 2:00pm.
- Transport to hotel for some RR. All local participants will meet at the hotel at 2pm.
- Team dinner
- Welcoming by VetPower and K2 Adventure Travel
- Team activity at conference facility (Show our Kilimanjaro documentary, guest speaker, etc.)
Day 2 – Classroom and On-line Education
- Following breakfast, transport team to classroom/conference facility
- VetPower and K2 Adventure Travel will facilitate the classroom instruction
- Facilitators will lead the Veteran Empowerment Training education component.
- VetPower and K2AT will go over the various R&R Career Expeditions offered.
- Team hike at a local hiking area for 3-4 hours
- Team dinner
Day 3 – Team Hike at a Local Phoenix Mountain
- Following breakfast, transport everyone to local hiking area for a team hike. Based on the ability levels of the participants and how they feel from the day before, we will provide several hikes of various lengths and difficulty. Approximately 4-6 hours
- Brief meeting on the trail following the hike
- Following the hike, transport team back to hotel to prepare for transport to the airport and locals can drive home
- All flights out of Phoenix International Airport beginning at 4:00pm.
- End of Phase One
The following items are provided for all participants:
- One coach air fare ticket to Phoenix
- All accommodations
- Private transportation
- All Meals
Cost Per Person – $1,250
Our national trips include:
Our International trips include the following locations: